Working Group on Couplers, Ear Simulators, and Earphones
Chair: Christopher J. Struck
Scope: Develop and maintain standards for couplers, ear simulators, and earphone measurement and calibration. Communication and liaison with ANSI WGs who use these standards. Liaison with the corresponding IEC and ISO standards groups. Coordination of the US vote on related or parallel international standards. Follow and report on current research and industry developments related to these standards.
Responsible for the following published standards:
- ASA/ANSI S3.7 – Method for Coupler Calibration of Earphones
- ASA/ANSI S3.25 – An Occluded Ear Simulator
- ASA/ANSI S3.55, Part 1 – Electroacoustics – Simulators of Human Head and Ear – Part 1: Ear Simulator for the Measurement of Supra-aural and Circumaural Earphones (NAIS of IEC 60318-1)
- ASA/ANSI S3.55, Part 3 – Electroacoustics – Simulators of Human Head and Ear – Part 3: Acoustic Coupler for the Calibration of Supra-aural Earphones Used in Audiometry (NAIS of IEC 60318-3)
- ASA/ANSI S3.55, Part 5 – Electroacoustics – Simulators of Human Head and Ear – Part 5: 2 cm3 Coupler for the Measurement of Hearing Aids and Earphones Coupled to the Ear by Means of Ear Inserts (Modified NAIS of IEC 60318-5)
- ASA/ANSI S3.36 – Specification for a Manikin for Simulated in situ Airborne Acoustic Measurements
Committee members may access the password protected part of the site here.