Working Group on Characterization of the Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Viscoelastic Polymers
Chair: ASA Standards
Scope: Develop and maintain standards in the area of dynamic properties of viscoelastic polymers including: characterization of dynamic mechanical properties; active measurement procedures; instrument calibration; data processing algorithms; and data reporting formats. The properties include: complex shear modulus; Young’s modulus; Bulk modulus; Lamé constant, Poisson’s ratio; and frequency-temperature shift functions. Maintain communication and liaison with related ANSI WGs, relevant US regulatory agencies and relevant ISO standards groups.
Responsible for the following published standards:
- ASA/ANSI S2.8 – Technical Information Used for Resilient Mounting Applications
- ASA/ANSI S2.9 – Parameters for Specifying Damping Properties of Materials and System Damping
- ASA/ANSI S2.21 Method for Preparation of a Standard Material for Dynamic Mechanical Measurements
- ASA/ANSI S2.22 – Resonance Method for Measuring the Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Viscoelastic Materials
- ASA/ANSI S2.23 – Single Cantilever Beam Method for Measuring the Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Viscoelastic Materials
- ASA/ANSI S2.24 – Graphical Presentation of the Complex Modulus of Viscoelastic Materials
Committee members may access the password protected part of the site here.