Working Group on Operational Monitoring and Condition Evaluation
Chair: Max L’vov
Scope: Develop and maintain standards relating to: measurement and analysis; mechanical vibration and balance; mechanical structural integrity; electrical, thermal and tribology-related properties for acceptance, condition assessment and diagnostics of machinery. Maintain communication and liaison with related ANSI WGs, relevant US regulatory agencies and relevant ISO standards groups.
Responsible for the following published standards:
- ASA/ANSI S2.28 – Guide for the Measurement and Evaluation of Broadband Vibration of Surface Ship Auxiliary Rotating Machinery
- ASA/ANSI S2.29 – Guide for the Measurement and Evaluation of Vibration of Machine Shafts on Shipboard Machinery
- ASA/ANSI S2.80, Part 1 – Mechanical Vibration – Measurement and evaluation of machine vibration – Part 1: General guidelines
- ASA/ANSI S2.80, Part 2 – Mechanical Vibration – Measurement and evaluation of machine vibration – Part 2: Land-based gas turbines, steam turbines and generators in excess of 40 MW, with fluid-film bearings and rated speeds of 1500r/min, 1800 r/min, 3000 r/min and 3600 r/min
- ASA/ANSI S2.81, Part 11 – Mechanical Vibration – Rotor balancing – Part 11: Procedures and tolerances for rotors with rigid behavior
- ASA/ANSI S2.81, Part 12- Mechanical vibration — Rotor balancing — Part 12: Procedures and tolerances for rotors with flexible behaviour
- ASA/ANSI S2.81, Part 14 – Standard Mechanical vibration — Rotor balancing — Part 14: Procedures for assessing balance errors
- ASA/ANSI S2.81, Part 2 – Mechanical Vibration — Rotor balancing — Part 2: Vocabulary
Committee members may access the password protected part of the site here.